1. Principle Investigator in the Fundamental Studies Supporting
the Creation of High Intergrity Weldments via the Friction Stir
Process, funded by DARPA, $2.2 MM, May 2003-April 2005.
2. Co-Pi in and Industry/University Cooperative Research Center
for Friction Stir Processing, funded by NSF, $50,000 funded September
3. Co-Pi in an industry/ University Cooperative Research Center,
funded by NSF, $10,000 planning grant funded September 2003.
4. Co-Pi (with Murray Mahoney of Rockwell Science Center and
Rajiv Mishra of University of Missouri-Rolla) in the "Friction
Stir Processing" funded by DARPA, $7.4 MM, May 2002-October
1. Principle Investigator in the "Evaluation of PCBN Tool
Materials for Friction Stir Welding of High Temperature Materials,"
$100,00, June 2001-May 2002.
2. Principle Investigator in the "Study and Evaluation of
Friction Stir Weld Tool Technologies"funded by The Boeing
Company, $75,000, April 2001- December 2001.
3. Co-Pi (with Murray Mahoney of Rockwell Science Center and
Rajiv Mishra of University of Missouri-Rolla) in the "High-Strain
Rate, Thick Section Superplasticity created via Friction Stir
Processing" funded by DARPA, $750,000, September 2000-August
4. Principle investigator in the "Effect of Active/Passive
Cooling on the Mechanical Properties in Friction Stir Welds"
funded by Lockheed Martin Corp., $35,000, April 1999-December
5. Principle investigator in the "Optimization of FSW in
Alloy 7055" funded by Alcoa., $35,000. April 2001-December
6. Principle investigator in the "Effect of Pre and Post
Weld Temper Condition on the Mechanical Properties in Friction
Stir Welds" funded by Lockheed Martin Corp., $65,000. April
7. Principle investigator (with Carl D. Sorensen) in the "Center
for Advanced Joining of Materials" for a State of Utah Center
of Excellence, $125,000/year, July 1999-June 2002.
8.Principle investigator in the "Development of a De-coupled
Pin and Shoulder Friction Stir Welding Tool" funded by Liburdi
Engineering Ltd., $42,000. January 1999- present.
9. Principle investigator, Friction Stir Welding Laboratory--
Application and development of Friction Stir Welding funded by
the College of Engineering and Technology, $10,000. January--August
10. Priniple investigator in the "Feasibility of Friction
Stir Welding in Joining Plastics" funded by ORCA, $9,800,
Nov. 1998- Aug. 1999.